Disruption means there is something positive around the corner when it comes to Healthcare IT! Disruptive innovations like AI and Machine Learning (they go together if you didn’t already know), Analytics that are predictive as well as prescriptive are now becoming commonplace.
Blockchain is at the top of the heap when it comes to hot disruptive technologies and it’s data collection and management capabilities will revolutionize the way health information is managed. The benefits are still to be realized as this technology is still in its infancy, but it is thought that it will be most often used in a very challenging area, interoperability and of course privacy and security (the main tenant of blockchain tech). There are very lofty goals of improved health information exchange and patient safety and outcomes.
Healthcare is still embracing all that is Tech! There are many innovative uses of information and technology offer endless benefits to healthcare organizations and to the health and lives of individuals, families and populations around the world. It ensures accurate information is available at the point of care. It enables personalized care based on a patient’s profile and needs. It enhances the patient and provider experience. It improves patient safety and outcomes. It reduces the cost of care. And the list goes on and on.
“At HIMSS18, you’ll hear from innovative leaders who are transforming health around the world, interact with groundbreaking solutions on the forefront of healthcare, and discover creative approaches to your biggest challenges – all at one time, all at one place.”
Some of the Best Healthcare Tech innovators will be speaking and sharing their considerable knowledge.
Check out some of the more interesting conference sessions:
Privacy, Security and Cybersecurity
- Chip-to-Cloud Security and Privacy;New Standards: Tuesday, March 6 10:30- 10:50am
- Speaker: Eve L Maler; CIO, VP of Innovation/Emerging Tech, Forgerock
- Managing Medical Device Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities: Tuesday, March 6, 8:30-9:30am: Marcello 4401
Health Information Exchange, Interoperability & Data Integration
- Interop Showcase Discovery Center: Ivenix: Wednesday, March 7: 1030am-1:30pm
- About: Learn what role infusion system architecture, design, and contextual interoperability play in unlocking clinical value and insights at the bedside and among downstream systems.
- A FHIR-Enabled Ecosystem for Health Information Sharing: Thursday, March 8: 4-5pm, Murano 3301
- Speaker: David I. Hay: Product Strategist, Orion Health
Data Analytics/ Clinical and Business Intelligence
- Empowering Data-Driven Health: Wednesday, March 7: 8:30am-9:30am, Palazzo D
- Speaker: Kevin Ross; General Manager, Precision Driven Health
- Visualizing the Patient Experience using an Agile Framework: Wednesday, March 7: 2:30-3:30pm, Palazzo D
- Speaker: Chris Mitchell: Senior Business Intelligence Developer, University of Virginia Medical Center
Connected Health and Telehealth
- Reimagining Telemedicine: Tuesday, March 6: 10am-10:20am, Bellini Booth 8700
- Speaker: Saadat Saadat; CEO GenieMD, Inc.
- Speaker: Saadat Saadat; CEO GenieMD, Inc.
- Caring for Astronauts in Space: The Role of Telemedicine at NASA: Thursday, March 8, 2018: 10:00am-11:00am , Palazzo K
- Michelle Frieling: Department Manager, Flight and Medical Operations, KBRwyle
- Shannan Moynihan: Deputy Chief, Space and Occupational Medicine, Deputy, Chief Medical Officer, NASA Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
- Creating a Population Health Strategy that Scales: Tuesday, March 6: 2:30pm-3:30pm, Delfino 4002
- Speaker: Renee Broadbent: Associate Vice President, Population Health Information Technology and Strategy, UMass Memorial Healthcare, Information Services & Office of Clinical Integration
Blockchain for Healthcare
- Blockchain 101 for Healthcare: Wednesday, March 7, 11:30am-12:30pm
- Speakers: Brian Behlendorf: Executive Director, HyperLedger
- Corey Todaro: Chief Product Officer and Director of Hashed Labs, Hashed Health
- Is Blockchain Right for Good Health?: Wednesday, March 7, 10am-11am: Palazzo E
Connected Health & Patient Experience
- Connected Care IRL (In Real Life): Wednesday, March 7, 8:30am -9:30am: Palazzo G
- Speakers: Lygeia Ricciardi: President, Clear Voice Consulting, LLC
- Jen Horonjeff; Founder & CEO, Savvy Cooperative
- Michael Joseph: Founder & CEO, Prime Dimensions, LLC , Executive Director, empathy.health
- Patients as Partner: Embracing Patient-Driven Design and Innovation: Wednesday, March 7, 11:30am-12:30pm: Marcello 4405
- Speakers: Joyce Lee & Robert P. Kelch, MD Research Professor of Pediatrics, Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit, University of Michigan
- Rick Starbuck: SVP, Chief Design Officer, Change Healthcare
- Gokul Krishnan: Founder, Maker Therapy